Office of the Inspector General
The Office of the Inspector General serves as a central point for coordination of and responsibility for activities that promote accountability, integrity, and efficiency in government.
Mission Statement – The mission of the Office of Inspector General is to assist the Department of Military Affairs and its employees in maintaining the highest level of accountability, integrity, efficiency, and compliance within programs and activities.
Responsibilities of the Inspector General’s office are to:
– direct and coordinate audits, investigations and management reviews
– promote economy and efficiency; .prevent and/or detect fraud, waste, and abuse
– recommend corrective action concerning fraud, abuses, weaknesses and deficiencies
– report expeditiously to the appropriate law enforcement agency when there is a reasonable basis to believe a violation of criminal law occurred
– advise in the development of performance measures, standards and procedures for evaluating agency programs, and administrative policies and procedures
Florida Department of Military Affairs
Office of Inspector General
St. Francis Barracks
P.O. Box 1008
St. Augustine, Florida 32085-1008